What is Obesity?
Obesity is defined as an excessively high amount of body fat in relation to lean body mass. As a rule, women have more body fat than men.
– Men with more than 25 percent body fat women with more than 30 percent body fat are obese.
– About 15 percent of children and adolescents are now overweight.
What causes Obesity?
– In scientific term, obesity occurs when a person consumes more calories than he or she burns.
– Fat deposition takes place when there is imbalance between energy intake and energy consumed.
– Lifestyle is also a major culprit
– Genetic, environmental, psychological, and other factors can affect weight gain or loss process.
However, losing weight isn’t just about looking good, it is about feeling good; it’s about being healthy and living a productive and comfortable life. Above all, it is about avoiding the terrible health consequences of carrying around excessive weight…